As a parent, you are often going to be in a situation where your child is embarrassed of you, or of the way you are acting. When your kids are teenagers, this can often be hurtful for everyone involved, but if you try to build an open and fun relationship, you might just avoid it.
In this article, we are going to explore the different ways that you can be an embarrassing dad without really trying. You might not think that you’re doing anything wrong but your kids will tell a different story.
1. Give them a nickname that they will never live down (Stinky bum as a one year old is cute, probably not so much as a nine year old!)
2. Bring up their past and embarrass them in front of their friends – you might find it funny that they had an “accident” when they were 4 – they definitely won’t!
3. Speak in baby talk with them
4. Show up at their school or work unannounced and uninvited – this is a big no-no, especially when they are older.
5. Comment on the way they dress or how they look – make sure any criticism is constructive and helpful
However – a father is supposed to embarrass his kids, but only in the right way. What about some hilarious Dad Jokes?
If you are looking for a Father’s Day gift this year, look no further. The founder of Daddilife has come up with another fantastic book – The Dad Jokes Collection. This is, literally, a Knock Knock joke, and a standard joke for every day of the year.
Here’s a couple that would really make you groan:
“What do you call an alligator in a vest?” “An investigator!”
The book also explains how best to deliver the punchline – including how to express yourself, and some tips on knowing your audience!
Any dad would love this book as a gift, and of course any budding comedians too. Joke books were a staple of my childhood, lets bring them back and introduce our children to them too.
If you’d like to buy The Dad Jokes Collection, you can buy it on Amazon here.